Welcome to the City of Grayson Utilities Commission web site.

Here you will find information on the services offered by the Utilities Commission, our billing policies, answers to frequently asked questions, and important announcements (i.e. boil water advisories).

The site also provides easy access to printable forms (i.e. new service form, bill adjustment form) and our annual water quality reports. These forms and reports can be found by choosing a service from the appropriate link on the Services page.


 If you have questions about an advisory, please call the Utility Office at 474-7569 (before 4:00pm on weekdays) or the Grayson Water Treatment Plant at 474-5731 (after 4:00pm and during weekends). 


*Only active advisories are shown. If you were previously under an advisory and it's no longer posted, it has been lifted.





The Grayson Utililties Commission will continue to flush fire hydrants through June 15, 2015.  All areas will be affected.  This may cause discoloration and/or low water pressure.  The Utilities Commission apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.  Care should be taken while washing laundry during this time.

For any questions, please call the Office at


Gerald W. Haney

Utilities Superintendent




     The FEMA Specialists

     The center will be staffed from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, May 18-22, 2015.

     Specialists from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on the types of assistance available to survivors.

     Individuals and business owners who sustained losses from the severe storms, tornadoes, flooding, landslides and mudslides April 2 through April 17, 2015, should register or apply for assistance.

     Specialists can help with registration; check an individual's case; answer questions about their claim; or review information needed to process their claim.

     To register, visit DisasterAssistance.gov, or call 1-800-621-3362.




Grayson Utilities Commission Announces Online Bill Pay

  • Grayson, KY, February 4, 2015:  Grayson Utilities Commission has rolled out a new website feature to enable its customers to pay their bills online.  www.graysonutilities.com

        Customers can use this new service to make secure payment by debit card or         credit card.

         "We're excited to offer this new payment option", says Gerald W Haney, Utility

         Superintendent, "which eliminates the need for our customers to mail or travel

         to our office to make their payments.  With a few clicks of the mouse,

         customers can make paying their bills easier, saving them time and money."


           Customers with computer access are encouraged to take advantage of this

           new service.  Questions can be directed to Dinah Gilliam at the water office

           at 606-474-7569.


           For Release 12 p.m. EDT, February 4, 2015



Dig safely EVERY month of the year!!

Please, Join us by calling 811 BEFORE you dig!

HOMEOWNERS as well as Contractors!

Click on picture for information.

Utility Commission Meeting

The Grayson Utilities Commission will hold their monthly meeting Friday May 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM at the William J. Lewis Utility Maintenance Building. As always, the public is invited to attend.


Holiday Closings

The Grayson Utilities Commission will be closed on the following holidays for 2014:

  • New Years - January 1, 2015
  • Good Friday - April 3, 2015
  • Memorial Day - May 25, 2015
  • Independence Day - July 3, 2015
  • Labor Day - September 7, 2015
  • Veterans Day - November 11, 2015
  • Thanksgiving Day and Day After - November 26 & 27, 2015
  • Christmas - December 23, 2015 (Close at 1:00 pm), Closed December 24 & 25, 2015
    New Years - January 1, 2016

Educating Young People About Water

     On Tuesday, September 16th, Tally Harris (Water Treatment Plant Head Operator) and Gerald Haney (Utilities Superintendent) spoke to the 8th grade science classes of Mrs. Alexander and Mrs. Tiller at East Carter Middle School.  They performed a demonstration on basic water filtration, as well as discussed the many aspects and benefits of safe drinking water.






Employee * Check My E-mail

Grayson Utilities Commission is an equal opportunity provider and employer


 We now accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover!

ACH Automatic Withdrawal from checking account (The preferred method of payments: no fees to use).